Monday, July 03, 2006

A little Red Bull goes a long way

Aidan asks everyday, when I pick him up for school, "how many more days to I have left." I was very excited this week for the 4 day holiday weekend not only because I didn't have to go to work, but because Aidan was SO excited to have a break from school. However, he thinks that the word vacation means we are packing up and going somewhere.

When I picked him up from school Friday evening, he asked how many days he had left. When I answered "none, because we had a 4 day vacation", he asked where we were going. I said "no where, but we have lots of fun things planned." Of course, then we had to have a big discussion of what the fun things were.

One of the things we had planned was a visit from Pauls sister, Maureen and her husband Phil. Aidan gets so excited for a visit from Uncle Phil. In fact, yesterday when we were driving in the car he was explaining how he was so excited to see Uncle Phil that when he saw him he was "going to go crazy."

I noticed when we walked in the door to see Aunt Maureen and Uncle Phil, Uncle Phil was downing a Red Bull beverage. I thought this was hysterical, but didn't blame him at all. Aidan keeps Uncle Phil (and all of his aunts and uncles) on his toes. They played cars, ran around the basement, played more cars, ran around the basement, and the cycle continued on like this for several hours. I've never had a Red Bull, but I can speak for its contents. The stuff really works OR Uncle Phil is....well, let's just say that the stuff really works!!

We had a really nice visit with Maureen and Phil. Thanks for playing so hard with Aidan last night....he slept like a champ!!

2 comments:

Mark said...

He has discovered the secret formula! As a person who worked really hard to be the "favorite uncle" of my nieces and nephews by being as crazy as possible with them, I know how much work goes into that. I had never considered that there may be ways of enhancing my kid-magentism performance. Thanks for showing me the way!

Anonymous said...

We adored playing with Aidan while we were in town. It was great preparation for playing with his cousins when we headed to Battle Creek the next day. We are still impressed with how much Aidan ran. That was the first time in a while that either of us had run that much. We look forward to the next time we have an opportunity to hang out with you, Paul, and Aidan.