Sunday, December 17, 2006

December 17, 2006


Last night was "Christmas with the Cousins." It has been the first time that, that many of us have been together in a very long time. We had a blast!! Most of us met up at my cousins, Chrissy and Scotts house. From there, we drove to the Whirlyball courts. The courts were about 45 minutes away and we laughed the entire trip....mostly at my expense and lack of knowledge of how a diesel engine works!!

Whirlyball was a hoot! I have played one other time, but everyone else was considered Whirlyball Virgins. It is a game played from electric bumber cars, where you try and toss a whiffle ball into a basketball type hoop with a plastic scoop. Because we had an even number, we played guys against girls. The girls got skunked, but we had an unbelievable time and made memories to last a life time.

After Whirlyball, we all went out to dinner and enjoyed an evening of good food, good drinks and even better company. It was our first "Christmas with the Cousins" outing and I hope it becomes an annual tradition.

Thanks to all of you for making this such a special night out!! By the way, I hope Todd and Lori remembered to plug their car in so they could make their 4 hour trek home this morning!! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whirlyball! I remember that from my days with the teen group at St. Tim's. That sounds like such a fun family outing. Nice pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun playing! Although I have a request if we all go out again. Can we have non smoking? I'm allergic to it, along with many many other things, and I was having a hard time with that. That's partly why we left, I just couldn't take anymore. Chuck also needed to give my dad some work stuff and he needed to get it to him that night. But I had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
What an event that was! I had such a good time! I have to admit, when we were all together ( well most of us ) it reminded me of the past.... Christmas time at Mamaw's, eating in the utlity room, and of course the yearly family reunions. We truly have a wonderful family! I hope we can continue to make memories like the ones we enjoyed making as children. And again, thank you for an awesome time, I appreciate all of your effort!

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed that we missed it! Hopefully next year we will get to go! Kandi--can you imagine all of us fitting in the utility room now?! haha. It's funny how we progressed from the utility room, to the movie theater (once a cousin got their license), to bringing our spouses/kids! I feel old now!