Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Orioles, Cardinals & BlueJays

No....I'm not talking about baseball teams.

I'm talking about birds. I love when spring arrives. Summer is my favorite season, but there are many things I like about spring, as well. One of them is the birds. When I was home on maternity leave, Aidan and I spent alot of time watching the bluejays. He was facinated by the birds motion and I was facinated by their beauty. Since then, we've always fed the birds and it has become sort of an addiction for me. We have several feeders in our yard now and they attract ALOT of hungry birds.

One of our feeders is a hummingbird feeder. I was starting to get frustrated with it because it wasn't attracting any hummingbirds. Well, guess what started feeding at our hummingbird feeder?! A Baltimore Oriole. I was so excited that I went right out and bought an oriole feeder to add to the mix. Wouldn't you know, the very next day, hummingbirds started showing up.




Those darn little hummingbirds are just to fast to capture on film!

Pauls mom bought Aidan a butterfly garden for his birthday. We sent away for the catepillars. They grew and have formed chrysalides. We are currently waiting for the butterflies to emerge. We are excited to add them to our flying friends!


No comments: