Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Cleaning

From the time Aidan was born, Paul has taken him to his parents each Wednesday for a visit. Aidan LOVES visiting. It is just one of the many benefits of living close to family. We wanted Aidan to have a close relationship with his grandparents and in that, we have succeeded!

So, each Wednesday night they leave the house for a visit and I do one of many things.....veg on the couch, scrapbook, veg out on the couch, shop, veg out on the couch.....you get the idea! Last night, the weather was around 50 degrees and I had an extra spring in my step. I was so excited about the nice weather that I set out for a bit of shopping. It felt so great to go in and out of the stores without having to trudge through dirty snow. I went to several different stores before I decided I would stop into Bed, Bath and Beyond as my final stop before heading home. I figured I would buy a new flowery smelling candle, to ring in spring. I was side tracked by one of the many infomercials they have playing in that store. I ended up buying a steam mop.....a far cry from a flowery candle. Ah, well....I guess being cooped up in the house all winter does strange things to people. I also stocked up on the soft scrub, tilex, bleach, windex, etc. Spring cleaning here I come! Needless to say, our house is in tip top shape! The base boards are clean, every inch of dust has been washed away, the floors have been steamed clean (thanks to my new purchase) and the bathrooms have been scrubbed from floor to ceiling.

As I flopped onto the bed, relieved that the last dust bunny had been layed to rest, I flicked on the television. The news was forcasting the weather. Tonight we are expecting......6 FRIGGIN' INCHES OF SNOW!!!!!!! UNFREAKIN' BELIEVABLE!!!!! All of that spring cleaning and I don't even get spring!

Oh well, when spring does decide to visit us, I will be ready!!

Curse you snow!

1 comment:

Trista said...

've tagged you in the 6 random things game. Details are on my blog. :)