Friday, December 01, 2006

December 1, 2006

I was cleaning out Aidan's bookshelf the other day, making room for any new books that come at Christmas time. During my sorting and organizing, I found that Aidan has over 30 Christmas books....some of which have never been read! I thought about it all day and how I could put the books to good use.

I soon came up with my grand plan. I talked it over with Paul and after he and Aidan left for his moms on Wednesday night, I went to the basement and pulled out one of our Christmas baskets and some wrapping paper. I chose 25 of the books and started wrapping. When complete, I had a beautiful basket with 25 "surprises."


Every night until Christmas, starting tonight, Aidan will open one of his books and we will read the Christmas stories. He knows they are all his books, but the fun part is guessing which one we will open on a given night. Tonights package reavealed a pop-up book, "The Night Before Christmas." Even though tonight was our first night, it went over really well. I think this will become a new tradition for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny--you, Paul, and Aidan are a wonderful beautiful family. Thank you so much for you card and letter, and inviting us into this daily glimpse into your lives. It's nice that even though we live so far apart, I can still keep up on the goings-on of the three of you. I only wish that I could be as dilligent as you in starting a blog. Anyway, I'm glad to read that all is well, and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!