Monday, December 11, 2006

December 11, 2006

On Sunday, after church, we took Aidan to the museum. Of course, we all headed for a nap upon our return home. For some reason, I have been clenching my teeth lately, when I sleep. I must have done it alot during my nap on Sunday because when I woke up I had a major toothache. The pain continued throughout the day and night and this morning I called the dentist. After spending two hours in the dentist office, they are still not sure what the problem is. They have ruled out a cavity, a tooth fracture and a bunch of other dentist phrases and think that due to all of the clenching, that I have changed my bite, hence, the pain. He filed down some of my teeth to try and change my bite back. I can feel that my bite has changed but I am still in a ton of pain when I bite. He said I have to give the new bite about a week and the teeth a couple of days to get used to it and hopefully the pain will ease. I have to go back on Monday, to "see how things are progressing." Therefore, this blog entry is going to be really short because I am in alot of pain and have taken many pain killers.....and am headed straight to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better. Having a screwed up bite is never fun and seems to last way too long.

Anonymous said...

I clench my teeth too. Mostly when I'm mad, upset or stressing. Right before Thanksgiving part of my bottom molar broke off. When I went to the dentist she said the tooth was healthy, and it probably broke from the stress of me clenching. You can get a bite guard for bedtime, which is supposed to help. They cost a lot from the dentist though. I had one when I still lived at home, but when they took the mold of my teeth, I had closed my mouth different than normal. So the guard didn't fit. After I had realized what I did, it was too late, and it cost way too much to get a new one. Just some fyi