Thursday, December 14, 2006

December 14, 2006

I asked Aidan what he wanted to get for his teachers, for Christmas. He said, "a dog, a princess and a shiny gold necklace." Hmmmmm....I'm not sure where that came from. So the dilemma is, what DO you get for teachers? He has four of them. In one minute I have my mind made up not to stress over it, it is the thought that counts anyway, right? The next minute I'm plagued with guilt. How can I not think about a gift for four women who spend more awake time with my son than I do? Does anyone out there have any ideas or opinions on this? I'm getting desperate! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be thrilled about a dog, I'm not sure where to buy a princess and I'm afraid a shiny gold necklace is a little out of our budget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Here are some things I've gotten over the years from kids at work that I've enjoyed. I've gotten some nice ornaments, cute winter candles, homemade stuff is nice, if it's done nicely (and your good at that), gift cards. Hopefully this will help you out some. I have loved every present I have gotten, no matter how small or big it is. And I tend to remember the child who gave it to me too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

I bought giftcards for Sarah's teachers and the secretaries (because they're just always so nice to us). I went to Starbucks, Borders Books and for Sarah's main teacher I bought her a giftcert to a spa. I wanted to buy them from places where they could use them for stuff for themselves.